UPDATED 13 April 2021 - FINAL DETAILS NOW ADDED
A lovely mix of beech forest and open woodland which should make for an enjoyable outing.
ALL COMPETITORS MUST ABIDE BY THE BRITISH ORIENTEERING COVID CODE OF CONDUCT. Details to be found at: https://www.britishorienteering.org.uk/COVID19_Safe_Orienteering
In terms of SOA guidance this is a club member only event. SI Entries are open. There will be NO ENTRY ON THE DAY.
Entries times can be selected by you on SI Entries before the event and competitors are asked to arrive no more than 25 minutes before their start time and proceed to the start to arrive no more than 10 minutes before their start time, as in terms of new SOA guidance we are only allowed 10 people at the start so please help us comply with this.
Please remember that anyone with COVID-19, either displaying symptoms or in quarantine, should not attend the event in line with the British Orienteering COVID Code of Conduct. Also, participants in the higher risk categories, as set out by British Orienteering and the Scottish Government, need to be aware that attending the event places them at increased risk. Participants are also reminded to minimise contact with any fences and gateposts on the course and with SI boxes (for those with non-SI AIR dibbers) and kites.
Directions and Parking
Logiebuchany- Post Code IV36 2SW - Grid Ref - NH987549
The event will be sign posted from the A96, East of Brodie. The road from the A96 to Logiebuchany is single track and winding in places. There will be runners crossing the road. Please take care.
Registration and assembly are at the estate yard at Logiebuchany (NH 987549). The parking area is within the estate yard and there may require to be overflow parking at Whitemire Farmyard which is approximately 800m from assembly by foot. Please take extra care as you drive into the estate yard as runners will be present.
Parking will be at the Logiebuchany estate yard, with overflow parking at Whitemire Farmyard (approximately 800m from registration).
Start and Finish
Start is located approximately 800m from registration/car park. Please allow up to 10 mins to walk from registration to the start. Finish is located approximately 500m from registration/car park.
There will be 3 lanes at the start: one for each course (yellow, orange and light green). Each 'course' lane will have 3 boxes, representing -3 minutes (to clear your dibber), -2 minutes (to check your dibber) and -1 minute before your start time. A start official will be present to help participants move through the start boxes at the right time, as required.
Please do not enter the start boxes for your course until 3 minutes before your start time. This will ensure that we remain compliant with current SOA guidance that there must not be more than 10 participants in the start area at any one time.
3 Courses on offer:
- Yellow (TD2) 2.0km with 40m climb. 10 controls. (There will be a short taped section of approximately 120m).
- Orange (TD3) 2.5km with 70m climb. 10 controls.
- Light Green (TD4) 3.8km with 70m climb. 12 controls.
- Participants are advised to be aware of tree roots, stumps and brash due to recent felling.
- Participants on the Orange course are advised to be aware of a steep-sided ditch which will be marked as uncrossable on the map.
- Participants on the Orange and Light Green Courses are advised that these courses cross estate roads and the main Conicavel road. These roads will be marked as Out of Bounds on the map to run along, but not to cross. Caution runner signs will be displayed on the roads to warn drivers.
- Participants on the Orange and Yellow courses pass near lochans which must not be entered.
- All participants are advised to check themselves after the event for ticks. Ticks are about in forest. Beware! Remove as soon as possible and ideally within 48 hours!
- All participants are advised that courses may encounter log piles due to recent felling which must not be climbed.
- Please be aware of other forest users. Maintain your 2m distancing.
- Participants are advised to wear suitable clothing for the weather, appropriate shoes and full leg covering.
- A full event risk assessment will be available at registration.
In terms of the SOA Covid-19 event guidance the key elements to avoid Covid-19 risks are
- Ensure that people with Covid-19 or self-isolating or in quarantine do not attend.
- Keep people 2m or more apart from each other.
- Avoid indoor gatherings associated with the events.
- Control events so that any groups that do gather are fewer than 15 and at the start 10 or fewer. (limit work for Test & Protect).
- Gather sufficient data to assist Scottish Government: Test & Protect if a case is detected after an event.
- Disinfect equipment before and after use and minimise contact between participants and the equipment.
There are therefore no entries available on the day and start times allocated to every competitor. Competitors are asked to arrive in the car park no more than 25 minutes before their start time and to leave the event immediately after completing their course.
There will be no coaching support at the event therefore competitors are asked to choose a course which matches their fitness and experience. For further advice on which event to enter please check the British Orienteering website https://www.britishorienteering.org.uk/newcomers_guide
Competitors must maintain the 2m distance rule throughout the event including at registration and walking to and from the start & finish. The 2m distance rule applies while competing on the course and takes precedence while at a control where other competitors are present. Please move away from any control promptly. Competitors should also remain 2m distant from members of the public.
There will be no key drop box so competitors must make arrangements for the storage of their key whilst they are competing such as with the use of a bumbag.
Hand sanitiser will be available for use by competitors and volunteers at the registration area. Controls will be quarantined for at least 72 hours before the event and will be placed by an individual wearing disposable gloves. Competitors are advised to minimise contact with SI boxes.
Print outs of results will not be provided but results will be uploaded to the event website as soon as practical.