The May event in Moravian's Saturday League will be held at Findhorn.
Directions and Parking
The event registration and parking is at East Beach carpark, Findhorn.
The carpark is at the end of Dunes Road and is signposted “East Beach / Beach Road” on the B9011, as you come into Findhorn.
There is a 2m height restriction barrier at the beginning of Dune Road to the carpark/registration.
Start and Finish
Start times are between 10.30am and 12.00pm. There are no individual allocated start times.
Loose Control Descriptions: Will be available in the start boxes.
Start: less than 100m from registration. Please follow the signs to the starts and be aware of traffic in the car parking area on the way.
Finish and Download: 300m from registration. All competitors must punch the finish control. Please follow the signs back to Download. You MUST download even if you do not complete the course BEFORE 1:30 pm. Competitors will walk back along Dunes Road to registration - please be aware of traffic on the road.
Maps are 1:5000 with 2.5m contours.
Yellow: 1.8km straight-line distance,15 m climb, 14 controls
Orange: 2.9km straight-line distance, 40m climb, 15 controls
Light Green: 4.1km straight-line distance, 105m, 17 controls
The yellow course maps will be available for collection at registration. The orange and light green maps will be available at the start.
The terrain is sand dunes with some Gorse and a small area of pine woodland. This should allow for some fast running.
Entries are online via SI Entries
Late entries will be accepted after the FIRST closing date (when maps are ordered) subject to map availability, until the day of the event at 11:30am. An additional fee will be charged for a late entry. Entry at the event should be done online using the SI Entries link. There may be a very limited EOD paper entry at the organisers discretion, again subject to map availability.
Entries can also be edited/changed/cancelled until this closure again subject to map availability.
- Competitors will be walking back along Dune Road to the download after the finish. Please take care and be aware of traffic on the road.
- All Competitors take part at their own risk and a choose a course that matches their experience and fitness.
- You MUST report to Download by Course Closing Time.
- Competitors are advised to be mindful of other users in the competition area, including cyclists, runners and horse riders.
- Should you become disorientated on the courses, then the safety bearing is to head either West to the dune road or North to the sea, and re-locate from there.
- Though the area is not known for ticks, there may be some in the woodland, so please check yourself for ticks after the event finishes and ideally within 48 hours.
COVID-19 Guidance (Updated May 2022)
The SOA has issued the following updated COVID-19 event guidance with effect from March 2022 for Clubs to follow.
All competitors must not attend an orienteering event if they have symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 (even if they have received two doses of the vaccine and a booster) until they have completed their period of self-isolation.
Entry on the day (EOD) at events and activities is permitted but clubs should encourage physical distancing around registration or results displays even when outdoors.
Clubs are to avoid close packed (less than 1m separation) groups of people even when outdoors. Such close packing has been known to occur around both registration and results displays – it can also occur with helpers at registration and download.
- Indoor public spaces may be used for events and activities, but current face covering regulations must be followed and behaviours such as improved ventilation, provision of hand sanitiser, adapting layouts to encourage social distancing and encouraging the use of face masks to reduce spread should be adopted.
As a result, Moravian will continue to make hand sanitiser available for use by competitors and volunteers at the registration and download areas.
Competitors are asked not to form close (less than 1m separation) groups at events (be it outdoor or indoor), particularly around registration and download, and are encouraged to minimise contact with SI boxes, including Clear, Check and SI AIR test boxes, and the download equipment.
Where indoor/enclosed spaces are used which have restricted air circulation, Moravian will adapt layouts to maintain at least 1m segregation and encourage competitors to wear a mask.